Photos By R.F. Studios
By: NaTasha A. Bailey, LMFT
As this calamitous year of 2020 comes to an end (thank goodness). We are all so very eager to look towards hope for 2021. To kick off the New Year, with hope, joy, and vision of the goals you aspire to reach this fantastic upcoming year. Speak it into existence NOW!! I have a cool and fun project for you, your family, friends, and even the little ones can join in on the fun, in creating your 2021 Manifestation Board!
All you need is:
1. Large poster board + markers
2. Magazines/or printed pictures
3. Scissors + Glue
4. A creative mind
To start, create a list of goals you would like to achieve. Next choose photos, quotes, people, and places that represent those goals, as well as inspire you.
Don’t forget to MAKE IT FUN !! Play some music, pick an open airy space, where you are free to allow your creativity to flow. Say boldly with me “No more excuse”! This is YOUR life, YOUR time, and YOUR goals being set to be achieved. After your board is complete, prepare to manifest. According to Psychology Today, mental practices (like visualization) can increase motivation, confidence, and even motor performance. Let’s get ready to manifest a great future.
In 3 straightforward steps, you are on your way to the life you desire. That until now has been prolonged and only dreamed of.
Place your manifestation board on a clear site in front of you. Ask the universe (God), for what you have placed on the board and mean it. Now, Believe in your heart that all will come to pass and be accomplished. Allow yourself to begin to feel as though everything is already true, and present. Embrace that smile, excitement, and positive energy beginning to travel through you and celebrate. Say Thank You in advance. Knowing that all these things are now flowing towards you. Receive all that you have asked, and believe God for, thrive, and live this New Year in love, peace, and joy. May 2021 bring restoration, glee, and optimism. Our faith has been immensely stretched, yet elevated.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Smile ;) WE MADE IT #gratitude
NaTasha A. Bailey, LMFT
Photo by Joshua Abner
By: NaTasha A. Bailey, LMFT
2020 has been a year of tremendous loss for so many. I have experienced a very close personal loss in my family like so many others in the world. So this is a process I had to embark on taking myself. And now that I have journeyed through this process I am here to encourage and help you with 3 easy tips to begin the process of healing.
1. GET REAL Sometimes we feel very deep emotions and try our best to suppress them as if it will all go away. Running from internal pain will never lead to true happiness or joy. We must face it, head-on, look it straight in the face and deal with it. If we do not things will start to build up and When you least expect it pain from a Particular situation can spill out and affect different aspects of our lives. And so I say first, let’s acknowledge the emotion.
2. ITS OKAY TO CRY If your upbringing was anything like mine, then from a very early age I was taught that I had to be strong. And being strong is great, however, it also can become a repeated behavior of suppressing feelings and emotions to merely portray strength. The greatest advice that I ever received was that it’s OK to cry. Knowing that you can feel and release emotion is very freeing. I was told it won’t always last! You will not cry Every minute, every hour, every day, every month, every quarter, or every year. So at this moment cry if you need to because the next moment may bring joy. Photo by Lucxama Sylvain
3. TURN A NEW LEAF Decide TODAY that you have what it takes inside to overcome life’s obstacles. Speak a positive word over yourself. Smile. Watch your favorite movie, you know the one where it doesn’t matter how many times you have seen it, it’s as funny as the very first time! Activate your body and get moving! Start by stretching and a light workout. Working out is great stress relief as well. Speak out loud a few positive affirmations with me:
“I AM STRONG, I AM IN CONTROL OF MY LIFE AND FEELINGS, I AM BLESSED, GOD WILL PROVIDE ALL MY NEEDS, I AM LOVED, I AM FORGIVEN, MY FUTURE LOOKS BRIGHT, I AM EXCITED ABOUT LIFE AND THE NEW POSSIBILITIES, MY MIND IS CLEAR, I AM WELL, I HAVE PEACE, MY FUTURE IS BRIGHT, I AM EXCITED ABOUT ALL THE BLESSINGS COMING MY WAY, I AM GRATEFUL AND IT IS WELL WITH MY SOUL!!
I want to encourage you to stay on your path towards healing. Not everything is done in one day. Be proud of yourself for taking the initiative to START. Seek counseling or professional help if you feel you need it. Don’t be afraid to reach out to others in tough times. You don’t have to go it alone. I hope this has been a help to you, as it has been for me.
Always remember to stay strong, stay positive, and keep your faith. Your future is looking brighter already!! Until next time Peace, Love, and Good vibrations.
NaTasha A, Bailey, LMFT